At Tucson Unified, we recognize that gifted students have special educational needs that should be met within the context of educating the whole child through a variety of services and options. The role of the Gifted Education program is to:
- Identify the particular abilities and needs of these students.
- Challenge students functioning at the highest level of ability.
- Encourage underachieving students who are capable of the highest performance.
- Promote higher level creative and productive thinking skills throughout the district.
- Promote creative or productive achievement.
The District is committed to providing all students enrolled at the District with equal access to the District’s Gifted and Talented Education program.
GATE Cluster Services
- Gifted instruction provided in grade levels 1st -5 th . Identified GATE students are “clustered” in open access classrooms.
Dear GATE Families: Due to school closures because of COVID-19 safety precautions, the GATE department is currently working remotely. We are continuing working on the GATE Programs for 2020-2021 school year. We will continue to provide information and support to our families while our staff is working remotely. We hope you and your family remain safe and healthy during this time. Please browse our Facebook at facebook.com/tusd1gate/ and our blog at https://tusd1gate.wixsite.com/blog.